- mosquitoes, ticks or both;
- protection time;
- active ingredient; or
- other product-specific information.
- Do you need protection from mosquitoes, ticks or both?
- How long will you be exposed to them? Be sure to use a product with a protection time that fits your activity.
For the safe and effective use of pesticide products, always read the product label before using the product.
- The results from the search tool include only skin-applied repellent products registered by EPA. No unregistered products are listed.
- The registration number means the company provided EPA with technical information on the safety of the product and its effectiveness against mosquitoes and/or ticks. While this technical information is based on scientific testing guidelines and approved study methods, there are variations in the resulting protection times because of differences in the testing conditions.
- A single registered repellent product may have multiple product names that a company may use for marketing purposes. You can look for the registration number of repellents products you buy and check them against this database.
- Some of the products listed may not be available in all areas of the United States.
- Any products listed are for informational purposes only. Inclusion of a product listed/referenced is not an endorsement.
- EPA and the U.S. Government do not endorse any product or service.
- The information in this database was last updated in February 2016.
- If you believe a product not on the list should be included, use the contact us link to request that the product be added.