The Salem County Economic Development Council is a group of business leaders, educators, government officials, and agriculturalists committed to moving Salem County in the right direction. It works in conjunction with the Salem County Improvement Authority.
Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of each month at 4:30 pm at Salem Community College in Carneys Point, NJ.
- January 19, 2023
- February 16, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- April 20, 2023
- May 18, 2023
- June 15, 2023
- July 20, 2023
- August 17, 2023*
- September 21, 2023
- October 19, 2023
- November 16, 2023
- December 14, 2023*
- Mark Valente (Chairman)
- Ed Ramsay (County Commisioner)
- Cordy Taylor (County Commisioner)
- Bill Ferrell, Jr.
- Troy Blanchard
- Chris Cavaliero
- Michael Gorman
- Jack Swain
- Amanda Coombs
- R.J. Griscom
- Michelle Griscom
- Roger Anderson
- Paul Collier
- David Yhlen
- Michael A. Penk
- Ron Burkhardt
- Joseph Crevino
- Jennifer Jones
- Julie Acton
- Kathy Lockbaum
- Louis Joyce
- Lou Pasquale
- Matt Bailey
- Amy Peterson
- Frederick Young
Economic Development Documents
- Salem Economic Plan Summary Report – 8/31/2021
- Salem County Economic Plan – 8/31/2021
- Bond Financing Program
- Micro Loan Program
- Application for Financing
- Gas to Glass Initiative
- Salem County Revolving Loan Fund Guidelines
- Salem County Economic Resource Guide
- New Jersey Business Action Center
- New Jersey Incentives for Corporate and Commercial Energy Efficiency Projects
- Summary of Grow NJ and ERGG Program for Penns Grove
- Summary of Grow NJ and ERGG Program for Salem City
- NJ Economic Opportunity Act of 2013
- New Jersey’s Workforce Development System
- 2014-2017 Salem County Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Economic Development Program
- Economic Development Division
- SCIA Brochure
- Salem County Short Line Open Flier
- NJ Clean Energy Program, Commercial & Industrial Programs
- Rural Business Development Grant Applications Requested
- USDA Rural Development Seeking Applications For the Water and Environmental Programs – Fiscal Year 2021
Economic Development News
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Deputy Under Secretary for Rural Development Justin Maxson today announced that the Department is extending the COVID-19 Special Relief Measure for USDA’s Single-Family Housing Guaranteed Loan borrowers.
New $10 Million Funding Phase Builds on Initial $14 Million that is Supporting the Purchase of 1.5 Million Meals from 340+ Restaurants.
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Deputy Under Secretary for Rural Development Justin Maxson today unveiled a resource guide to help rural community leaders start and expand employment opportunities and access resources to train, recruit and create a sustainable rural workforce.
New Jersey Businesses can start preparing now for implementation of a new law, which takes effect May 4, 2022, which ends the use of single-use plastic carryout bags and polystyrene foam food service products.
The U.S. Small Business Administration launched a new round of Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) assistance on April 22, 2021 that will provide $5 billion in additional assistance to 1 million organizations that have been most severely affected by the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get prepared for your Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan application! Download the checklist to gather the documentation that you need to complete your application.
The Paycheck Protection Program will re-open the week of January 11, 2021 for new borrowers and certain existing PPP borrowers. Please see full post for more details.