County Engineer: James McKelvie, PE, CME
Engineering Supervisor: John Crawford
110 Fifth Street, Suite 600, Salem, NJ 08079
Phone: 856-935-7510 ext. 8549
County Engineer has the following principal responsibilities:
- Direction of capital projects involving county roads, bridges, traffic control, and drainage. Provide in-house design or oversee consultants. Complete control of projects from conception, budgeting, permitting, design, construction, inspection, and related survey work.
- Bridge inspection and dam inspection for County owned facilities.
- Review of engineering of developers’ plans submitted to the County Planning Board, relating to drainage affecting County roads and traffic safety.
- Investigation of all traffic problems on County roads including speed limits, traffic control devices, pavement markings, signs, etc.
- Investigation of drainage problems and recommendation as to solution for County owned facilities.
- Coordination with New Jersey Department of Transportation and New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for County projects.
- Installation, operation and maintenance of traffic signals on County roads.
- Provide land surveying services to the County.