The Salem County Department of Health & Human Services announces October dates for their Walk N’ Talk program. Walks will take place on selected Tuesday and Thursday at different locations throughout Salem County. Our October walks will have a different talk topic centered on Arthritis. All walks begin at 10:00 am.
The Office of Aging is offering free box lunches to seniors whom participate in the walks on October 15 & 22. To receive the free-boxed lunch, the walker must RSVP by 8:00 am the day before the walk, be over 60 years of age, and fill out a small registration form. Seniors must call (856) 339-8622 to register for the boxed lunch. The box lunch meets the nutrition requirements of the State Office of Aging.
We will continue our partnership with the Office of Disability Services with a We Can! campaign to encourage our residents with special needs to participate. Caregivers and support staff are welcomed to attend. We Can! Walks are on dates with ** before it. If a special needs resident requires transportation, please contact the Salem County Office of Aging at (856) 339-8622 in advance.
Below is the list of dates and locations for the 2015 October walking events in the county:
- **Thurs. Oct 1 – Marlton Recreation Park 123 Marlton Rd. Woodstown – Talk Understanding Arthritis
- **Tues. Oct. 6 – Salem County Recreation Park Corner of Route 130 and Perkintown Rd, Oldman’s Township – Talk Types of Arthritis
- Thurs. Oct. 15 – Fort Mott State Park Fort Mott Rd. Pennsville – Talk Treatment of Arthritis
- **Tues. Oct 20 – Carney’s Point Recreation Park Penns Grove-Auburn Rd. Carney’s Point -Talk Arthritis Diet
- **Thurs. Oct. 22 – Riverview Beach Park Route 49 Pennsville – Talk Coping with Change
- **Tues. Oct 27 – Marlton Recreation Park 123 Marlton Rd. Woodstown – Pain Management Tips
All walks are dependent on the weather. In the event of severe heat or rain, please contact the Health Department at 856-935-7510, extension 8302.
For more information about Move Yourself! Salem County, visit us online at http://health.salemcountynj.gov/education/move-yourself/. Also, get regular updates and walk dates and times at our Facebook page, located at www.facebook.com/SalemCountyHealth. If you would like to speak directly to the health educator, call 856-935-7510, extension 8302. We look forward to seeing our returning walkers and meeting new residents.