The Salem County Department of Health & Human Services announces the New Move Yourself! Salem County schedule for the outdoor walk and indoor chair yoga program. The September 2016 Walk N Talks will take place on selected dates at various parks throughout the county. The indoor chair yoga class will take place in the Stage Room at The Ware Building, 51 Cheney Road, Woodstown. The Ware Building is located two miles south of Woodstown off Route 45 behind the Salem County Vo-Tech.
The Office of Aging is offering a free box lunch to participating seniors on Thursday, September 15 and Tuesday, September 27. To receive the free-boxed lunch, the participant must be over 60 years of age, fill out a small registration form, and RSVP by 8:00 am the day before. Seniors must call (856) 339-8622 to register for the boxed lunch. The box lunch is prepared by the Italian Kitchen of Pennsville and meets the nutrition requirements of the State Office of Aging.
The exercise schedule is part of the We Can! campaign to encourage residents with special needs to participate. We Can! Walks are on dates with ** before it. Caregivers and support staff are welcomed to attend. If a special needs resident requires transportation, please contact the Salem County Office of Aging at (856) 339-8622 in advance.
Below is the list of dates and locations for September 2016:
WALK N TALKS start at 10 am
- Thurs. Sept. 8 – Riverview Beach Park, Route 49, Pennsville – Talk: Healthy Meal Planning
- Tues. Sept 13 – Salem County Recreation Park, Corner of Route 130 and Perkintown Rd, Oldmans Township – Talk: Budget Friendly Meals
- Thurs. Sept. 15 – Marlton Recreation Park, 123 Marlton Rd., Woodstown – Talk: 10 Healthy Tips
- Thurs. Sept. 22 – Fort Mott State Park, Fort Mott Rd., Pennsville – Talk: Fruit & Veggie Storage
- Tues. Sept. 27 – Carney’s Point Recreation Park, Penns Grove-Auburn Rd., Carney’s Point -Talk: Shopping Healthy “On the Fly”
INDOOR CHAIR YOGA starts at 10 am
- Thurs. Sept. 29 – The Ware Building, 51 Cheney Road, Woodstown, NJ
In the event of severe weather, the exercise class may be cancelled please contact the Health Department at 856-935-7510, extension 8302.
For more information about Move Yourself! Salem County, visit us online at health.salemcountynj.gov. Also, get regular updates, walk dates and times at our Facebook page, located at www.facebook.com/SalemCountyHealth. We look forward to seeing our returning walkers and meeting new residents.