The Salem County Department of Health & Human Services announces June dates for their Walk N’ Talk program. Walks will take place on Tuesday and Thursday at different locations throughout Salem County. All walks begin at 10am and our health topic for the month is National Safety Month.
We will continue our partnership with the Office of Disability Services with a We Can! campaign to encourage our residents with special needs to participate. Caregivers and support staff are welcomed to attend. We Can! Walks are on dates with ** before it. If a special needs resident requires transportation please contact the Salem County Office of Aging at (856) 339-8622 in advance.
Below is the list of dates and locations for June 2015’s walking events in the county. All walks begin at 10 am:
- June 2 – Riverview Beach Park Route 49 Pennsville
- **Thurs. June 4 – Salem County Recreation Park Corner of Route 130 and Perkintown Rd Oldman’s Township
- **Tues. June 9 – Marlton Recreation Park 123 Marlton Rd. Woodstown
- June 11 – Fort Mott State Park Fort Mott Rd. Pennsville
- **Thurs. June 16 – Carney’s Point Recreation Park Penns Grove-Auburn Rd. Carney’s Point
- June 23 – Riverview Beach Park Route 49 Pennsville
- **Thurs. June 25 – Salem County Recreation Park Corner of Route 130 and Perkintown Rd Oldman’s Township
All walks are dependent on the weather. In the event of severe weather or rain, please contact the Health Department at 856-935-7510, extension 8302.
For more information about Move Yourself! Salem County, visit us online at SalemCountyNJ.gov/Health/Education/MoveYourself. Also, get regular updates and walk dates and times at our Facebook page, located at www.facebook.com/SalemCountyHealth. If you would like to speak directly to the health educator, call 856-935-7510, extension 8302. We look forward to seeing our returning walkers and meeting new residents. All new participants will be given a free water bottle. Any member who brings a friend to a walk will receive a gift.