- Well permit applications are reviewed to determine compliance with the State Standards for Construction.
- Inspectors also perform field inspections of these installations.
- All new private wells and homes with private wells involved in Real Estate Transactions must have their well water tested in accordance with the NJ Private Well Testing Act.
- The Health Department receives notification of wells that do not pass Safe Drinking Water Standards.
- Neighborhood notification is done where there is a Primary Drinking Water Contaminant found. Health information on well water contaminants is either left with residents or put in local newspaper.
- All residents are encouraged to have their own well tested, but this is not mandatory.