110 Fifth Street, Salem NJ 08079
Hours 8:30am – 3:30pm
(609) 774-7450 cell
FAX (856) 878-4639
Contact Veterans’ Services Staff
Monday thru Friday
Director of Veterans’ Affairs
Joseph J. Hannagan, Jr.
Freeholder Director/Veterans’ Liaison
Toys for Tots
Mike McFadden – 609-774-6276
Military Service Medal Applications
Applications are being accepted now and you will be notified about 1 week before as to the time and place of the Medal presentation. Those who do not wish to attend a public presentation can fill out the application and check “NO” on the form. When your certificate is ready you will be notified to come to the Veteran Services. Office for a one on one presentation. We do not mail medals.
The next Military Service Medal Ceremony will be held in November 9, 2015. The ceremony was created to express the Counties gratitude by honoring its residents who served on active duty with any branch of our regular active armed forces and were separated under “Honorable Conditions.” Veterans or families interested in recognizing a family member posthumously may complete a service medal application.
- Download the Salem County Military Service Medal Application
- Download the POSTHUMOUS Salem County Military Service Medal Application
- MEMORIAL DAY PROGRAM AT VETERANS CEMETERY ON MAY 25, 2015 AT NOON
- FLAG INTERMENT CEREMONY AT VETERANS CEMETERY ON JUNE 9, 2015 AT 7 PM ( BRING YOUR UNSERVICABLE FLAGS)
- SALEM COUNTY FAIR AUGUST 4-7 VETERANS AFFAIRS WILL HAVE A TABLE
- SALEM COUNTY 2ND ANNUAL VETERANS PICNIC WILL BE HELD AT SALEM COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS ON SEPTEMBER 9, 2015 FROM 12 TO 4PM. For more information contact the Veterans’ Office: 339-8603.
- Salem County Identifies Funding Source for Veterans Cemetery
- Support the Salem County Veterans Cemetery Beautification Project
*NOTE: If there is anyone missing from these pages, please let us know. However, keep in mind that the names listed here are only the casualties, not everyone that served in these wars.