Primary Election June 02, 2015
PRIMARY ELECTION TUESDAY JUNE 02, 2015
Polls Open 6:00am – 8:00pm
*Primary Election Challenger request forms: Deadline for Filing Challenger Appointments May 19, 2015
(second Tuesday preceding election N.J.S.A. 19:7-3)
*under current law the Primary Election is held only for the Republican and Democrat parties. N.J.S.A. 19:5-1
TUESDAY MAY 12, 2015 till 9:00 pm
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR JUNE 02nd PRIMARY ELECTION (21 days prior to election N.J.S.A 19:31-6)
THE BOARD OF ELECTION OFFICE WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 9:00 pm ON MAY 19th FOR LATE NIGHT VOTER REGISTRATION
PUBLIC NOTICE LIST:
- Publication of Notice of Requirements to Vote in Primary Election – N.J.S.A 19:23-45.1
- Publication of Notice of Primary Election (includes offices to be voted upon) – N.J.S.A 19:12-7
- Publication of Challenge and Complaint Procedures for Primary Election N.J.S.A 19:12-9
- Publication of Notice of Certification for Tabulator System N.J.S.A 19:53A-8
- POLLING PLACE LISTING
*all regular Salem County School Elections will be on the November ballot*
WEDNESDAY APRIL 08, 2015 till 4:30 pm
DEADLINE FOR CHANGE OF PARTY AFFILIATION FORMS (55 Days Before an Election N.J.S.A. 19:23-45)
Notice to “INDEPENDENT” voters: As of January 1, 2006 voters previously declared as “INDEPENDENT” are by law now classified as “UNAFFILIATED”. An unaffiliated voter may declare their affiliation with a political party by filing a Declaration of Party Affiliation form. They may vote in the Primary Election. An unaffiliated voter may chose instead to declare affiliation with either the Republican or Democrat Party at the polling place on the day of Primary Election.
Who MUST File:
- You must file a Declaration of Party Affiliation form if you wish to vote in the Primary Election of a political party other than with which you are currently affiliated.
You DO NOT need to file if:
- You are currently affiliated with the political party in whose Primary you wish to vote.
- You have never declared a political party and have never previously voted in a Primary Election, (unaffiliated), you may declare your party affiliation at the polls on election day. Your choice of party can then be changed only if you complete a Declaration of Party Affiliation form and file it with this office.
QUESTIONS ON ELECTION DAY CALL:
Open for assistance during polling hours at 6:00am – till 8pm
Election Board: Dana Mulligan(R), John Burke(D), Florence Butler(R), and David Crescenzi(D)
Registrars: Shirlee Manahan(R) Ext 8331 and Renee Buehler(D) Ext 8328
Ext. 8329, 8330, 8331 or 8328
Office Location: Salem County Fifth Street Complex 110 Fifth Street, Salem 08079
Sample Ballots are mailed a week prior to the June 02nd Primary Election, Sample Ballots are also posted in your Polling Place for review.
All Vote By Mail Ballots MUST be delivered to the Election Board office by 8:00pm on Election Day. Vote By Mail ballots will NOT be accepted at the Polls.
Official Election Results are released only through the Salem County Clerk’s office. Contact Salem County Clerk Gilda Gill 856-935-7510 ext. 8605 for results.
- Major Road Repair and Safety Projects
- Salem County Freeholder Board and County Employees Supported National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- Free Seminar For Salem County Residents Preparing to Enroll In Medicare
- Positive Rabies in Pittsgrove Township
- 2015 State of the County Address
- NJ filmmaker focuses on farmers: VOTE to help her win!