The Salem County Department of Health and Human Services will hold nine flu clinics this year, free to Salem County residents, with the first one set at Lower Alloways Creek Municipal Building on September 24th.
Other clinic sites will be at Oldmans Township Municipal Building, The Pennsville FOP, Schalick High School, Salem Community College, Salem County Health Department, Salem County Fairgrounds, and the Salem County Vo-Tech.
“The drive-through clinic is particularly popular with residents and it was quite successful last year when we put it back in the schedule,” said Freeholder Director Julie Acton. “We are pleased to be able to offer the drive-through clinic again this year.”
The free flu clinics this year are made possible through funding from the Salem Health and Wellness Foundation in cooperation with the Salem County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
“We are grateful to the Salem County Health and Wellness Foundation for providing a grant to allow us to expand the flu clinic offerings,” said Freeholder Bob Vanderslice, who oversees the Department of Health and Human Services. “Last year we served more than 2,000 people with flu shots.”
No appointment is necessary to come to the clinics. Salem County residents 3 years and older will be accepted at all flu clinics. Registration forms for the flu shots will be available at the clinic entrance or at http://health.salemcountynj.gov/flu-vaccination-form/. Please wear light clothing so your sleeve can be rolled up for the shot. Registration forms are available on the County website that can be printed and brought to the clinic.
The clinic schedule is:
- Thursday, Sept. 24– LAC Municipal Building, 501 Locust Rd, Hancock’s Bridge 10 am – 12 pm
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 – Oldmans Twp. Municipal Building, 40 Freed Rd, Pedricktown 4 pm – 7pm
- Monday, Oct. 5 – Fraternal Order of Police, 693 S. Broadway, Pennsville, 10 am – 12 pm
- Thursday, Oct. 8 – Schalick High School, 718 Centerton Rd., Pittsgrove Twp., 4 pm – 7 pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 13—Salem Community College, 460 Hollywood Ave., Carney’s Point, 10 am – 12 pm
- Thursday, Oct. 15 – Salem County Dept. Health Office, 110 5th , Salem 4 pm – 7 pm
- Monday, Oct. 19 – Drive Thru Clinic, County Fairgrounds, Route 40, Pilesgrove Twp., 10 am – 12 pm
- Wednesday, Oct. 21 – Salem County Dept. Health Office, 110 5th , Salem 4 pm – 7 pm
- Thursday, Oct. 29 – Salem County Vo-Tech, 880 Route 45, Woodstown, 4 pm – 7 pm
Call 935-7510 ext. 8480 for further information.